Andy That was my experience some foreign students when I went to...

1. 17,482 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Andy

That was my experience some foreign students when I went to uni in around 2000 -2005 again.
    I read some of the foreign students projects and they were abysmal and should not have been given a pass. but unfortunately they were given a pass.

I did software design, development, data base and distribution etc etc I also minored in Business.
    I put myself through Uni because I wanted to go, no help from the government at all.

My son had the same experience at the same Qld Uni and he finished a couple of years ago. He did his Honours degree on creating and maxamising CPU's. That took an extra year.
    But doing the same course were two of his friends both Australian and their families were Australian origin.
    Out of about the seventeen people that passed about half were Australian but some of those were not long Australians though.

The good thing is most of the foreign students who did not do the right amount of work took that lack of knowledge with them back to their country of origin. The other good news is my son and his two mates all have good jobs in similar fields and getting good pay of around $76,000k per year with a months paid leave and super. Not bad for the first full time job out of uni.

I think the problem with going after big corporations in Australia is they may be big donors to political parties on both sides.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.