EXR 0.00% 14.5¢ elixir energy limited

I tend to agree. You don't need to look any further than...

1. 1,886 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2456
    I tend to agree. You don't need to look any further than Hotcopper threads to see holders turn from joy to despondency fueled by the rush of a good announcement, followed by a retrace. I think chartists operate in the same paradigm. If you accept that large groups of listed companies share certain characteristics (particularly relative to the registry they have in common) then you can start to see patterns, and anticipate price behaviour. Never a guarantee of course, but potentially you can get it right more often than you get it wrong - and this is what the algo traders, and disciplined chartists can achieve. Incidentally, I don't claim to be able to trade in a similar fashion - in fact I don't consider myself a trader at all. My view is to trade successfully and consistently would be a full time job and would require a lot of data and preferential market access - which traders have and we do not.

Speculative companies with a significant percentage of retail holders on their registry are particularly prone wild and irrational price movements. My view is a lot of the impulsive movements in movements in markets, including the price spikes, was driven by the same impulses that drove crypto currencies. A lot of people 'betting' small amounts caused significant price movements - then they all bailed again causing everything to go the other way. The situation we find ourselves in now is probably closer to normal, although I think the price of quite a few companies reversed too far and there are good opportunities to be had currently.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $164.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 191400 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.5¢ 72000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 26/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.