CTM 10.0% 31.5¢ centaurus metals limited

Extension of 307Mt @ 1.3% Ni, 0.13% Co Deposit, page-50

1. 289 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 40
    From what I can see, although they initially planned to begin in jacare by 2015, today they are still only producing in Barro Alto, and Niquelândia, so it might be that jacare doesn't have such studies done yet? The point of jacare was to allow them to double their output of nickel if they wanted to, but the latest thing I found was that mention of that 2011 pilot plant

Before that they did say that jacare was "in the lower half of the industry cost curve" using a mix of pyro and hydro metallurgical processes, and also that it, if developed, would have similar output as barro alto, which cost them $1.9 billion, not sure if that figure is including the money they had to pay in some dispute.

Looks like they stopped drilling jacare in the start of 2009, then they spent the rest of that year doing a blockmodel, pit optimization, and planning the pyro and hydro metallurgical processing of the ore, and then sent that in a submission to the brazilian government saying that it is reasonable that it will eventually be economically developed, then in 2011 they ran the ore through a pilot plant and said it was all good, still planning to expand nickel production in 2015 with it.

Keeping in mind that jacare is under the "nickel" deposits heading not the "cobalt" deposits (they didn't have that heading), so checking those dates against the nickel price chart you have this

Untitled.png

So I guess its on the back burner seeing as they already have producing mines that haven't run out yet.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
31.5¢
Change
-0.035(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $156.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
34.5¢ 34.5¢ 30.5¢ $367.9K 1.165M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 205976 31.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
34.5¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.