PAN 0.00% 3.5¢ panoramic resources limited

Hi Bomber Life and family good hope same for yourself. Playing...

1. 3,068 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4564
    Hi Bomber
    Life and family good hope same for yourself.
    Playing back in iron ore at the moment waiting for transfer to Ni commissioning job at a major players expansion Project in The Goldfields which is delayed by labour crisis in the WA mining industry and others factors in Eng which has made big news in national papers.
    The inflation issue that is mentioned by PAN and many other mining companies is a real thing/issue not just made up story for poor performance as mentioned by many across a lot of companies threads. We are paying large sums of money for people who only 3 years would not of even made it past HR intial resume reviews because of low skill base, no mining related experience or not having attributes required in Job Description.
    The major that I am working for is making a lot of cutbacks in areas not directly related to production output. Just getting money for project blowouts is now going all the way to CEO as the underling vice presidents are not signing ( this is in their mandates/ responsibility). This with all Projects blowing out in costs or schedule or in most cases now both due to issues I have previously mentioned.
    Things are tight in the industry with companies not quoting smaller jobs ($1-10M) as too hard to recruit.
    The much cried for immigration boost is not going to help much in critical trades such as electrical due to the requirement of being licensed. In engineering recruiting is going into overdrive but positions are being filled by juniors/ grads without sufficient senior/lead engineers to provide the normal mentor/ guidance role for path of learning through studies, design, reviewing, selection, tech writing etc.
    The supply chain issues as companies such as PAN mention in anns is having a big affect on production operations and project schedules. A few examples I can give is a simple contactor that normally would be available in Perth or over east took 2 months out of China, a small conveyor drive motor i ordered has a 20 week lead time out of Europe, I just compiled a Critical Spares list, which as the name implies is spares that would shut you down, the list I compiled for ordering has $0.5M more equipment than would normally be on this list as spares are not readily available in Aust and have now got lead times of up to 5 months.
    Things like this are adding to Mining Operations costs as this is now a held cost on Operating budgets.
    Well thats my rant done back to the grindstone even though I am on R&R because no back to back due to labour issues.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.