INR 3.45% 15.0¢ ioneer ltd

In my view, there will likely be strong opposition to the...

1. 38 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    In my view, there will likely be strong opposition to the Rhyolite Ridge project, although it is important to note that this opposition comes from a specific group and may not reflect the general consensus. I cannot comment on the overall public opinion towards the project, but there has been some support expressed, as seen in Esmeralda County's endorsement (source: https://pvtimes.com/opinion/guest-commentary-why-esmeralda-county-supports-the-rhyolite-ridge-project-117088/).

Despite governmental support and Ioneer's conservation efforts, the CBD will still pursue litigation against Ioneer. While I do not believe they will succeed, I expect them to continue with this course of action in an attempt to delay the project. It is unfortunate that Patrick did not address my other questions, as their responses could have provided a better understanding of the situation. The questions I posed revolved around the shifting standpoint on the project, the reasonable steps taken to protect endangered plant species, and the collaboration between CBD and Ioneer on conservation efforts. Excuse the environmentalist jargon; it was necessary to employ it in order to elicit a response.

Question 1: During my research, I came across an article earlier this year where you expressed concerns about the project and mentioned the possibility of legal action. However, in a recent article, you were quoted as saying, "Not likely, and that's not the point," in response to a question about Tiehm's buckwheat stopping Ioneer's Rhyolite Ridge Mine. I wanted to know if this change in stance signifies a shift in CBD's viewpoint since the public scoping period. Are legal actions still being considered by CBD, or has the focus shifted towards alternative approaches to address environmental concerns?

Question 2: As someone deeply committed to environmental conservation, I am worried about the potential impact of the Rhyolite Ridge Project on endangered plant species in the area, particularly Tiehm's buckwheat. Ioneer has claimed to have taken reasonable steps to protect and preserve this unique species, including measures to minimize mining-related disturbances and a significant investment of over $1 million. From your expertise and perspective, do you believe Ioneer's efforts are sufficient to safeguard these endangered plant species, considering the scale and nature of the project?

Question 3: I am also interested to know about CBD's involvement and collaboration with Ioneer regarding the conservation of endangered plant species affected by the Rhyolite Ridge Project. Has CBD been working directly with Ioneer to ensure effective implementation of conservation measures? If so, could you provide insights into the nature of this collaboration and the progress made thus far?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $337.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.8¢ $26.69K 178.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
22 633031 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 655726 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.23am 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.