INR 3.45% 15.0¢ ioneer ltd

External News & Commentary, page-2139

1. 5,173 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3788
    Bear, you are probably correct.

It seems to be the standard playbook for all of the anti-mining extremists.

Firstly, they go looking for rare and endangered flora and fauna.

Secondly, when that has run it's course, they unite with indigenous groups, and get the indigenous groups to lodge complaints and sanctions. I'd expect the indigenous groups may receive compensation of some kind also.

This happens all over the world, and very much in Australia too, where so-called environmental extremists are now convincing indigenous groups to file complaints even against the laying of underwater cables, stating that the seabed is apparently also a sacred place (what isn't eh?), as well. And the judges are usually very weak on all this stuff, too afraid to use some common sense, for risk of being labelled racist.

Just up the road from where I live, there is a new marina being built, and it's taken over 15 years to just get to this stage. Firstly the environmentalists halted everything on the grounds that there were rare bird species, which was proven to be false, then they tried the rare fish species and reef destruction argument, and they lost that, so then they approached a local indigenous group and got them to announce that it was sacred land. At this stage the project had been delayed about 8 years. Then we had the developer pay for expensive archeological consultants to research the history of the area, and found no indigenous habitation had taken place. So then, the local indigenous group was advised to stop talking with the environmentalists and talk with their own elders who had PhD's in archeology from the university of W.A. The elders did more research and said to the government that there had never been any indigenous sites in the region. So here we are, after 15 years finally the marina was started to be built this year. Incredible isn't it.

But this is the playbook all anti-mining fanatics, and environmental extremists use.
    If they can't (eventually) win in court, they attempt to delay for years, and sometimes it takes 15 years, and the costs soar.

I'd expect they will pull out all the usual tricks here as well, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear they are talking with indigenous groups now. You see, it's not about the Buckwheat, it never has been, because if it was, if they really cared about the Buckwheat, then years ago they would have been out their collecting the seeds and replanting in green-houses to try and preserve and grow and distribute the plant - they did none of that. They would have also offered to help INR and it's scientists in it's seed banks and research greenhouses, but they haven't lifted a finger. It's clear evidence, that it has never been about the Buckwheat. Now they will probably attempt to roll out the indigenous game plan. They are so predictable, and they must live pitiable and psychotic lives to try these things, their lives are so empty that they have to do these things to give them a meaning. It also goes down well at their place of academic work, where they get grants and promotions for all this. It's sad.

Gw

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
15.0¢
Change
0.005(3.45%)
Mkt cap ! $348.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.5¢ 15.3¢ 14.5¢ $1.140M 7.625M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3299 15.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.5¢ 391943 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.