INR 0.00% 14.0¢ ioneer ltd

SnippetSource:Rare Plant Could Impact Proposed Lithium Mine -...

1. 3,079 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1159
    Snippet
    Source:
    Rare Plant Could Impact Proposed Lithium Mine - KTVN Channel 2 - Reno Tahoe Sparks News, Weather, Video

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service will present its findings whether the plant warrants a listing on the Endangered Species Act on May 31. It will make its final decision in September. Calaway hopes it is not listed but that the mine and the plant can coexist.

"There's no doubt that whether it's listed or its not listed, the same things that need to be done to protect it are what we're going to do," Calaway said. "What we're doing will be to actually devote enormous ongoing long-term support to make sure that we protect that plant in every possible way," Calaway said.

If Tiehm's buckwheat does not make it onto the Endangered Species List, Donnelly says his organization will sue to prevent the mine from starting.

"They're not going to be providing lithium anytime soon at this site," Donnelly said. "The renewable energy transition can't come at the cost of extinction."

Calaway is confident that construction of the mine is right around the corner, saying this is an important decade to electrify cars to reduce greenhouse gases and improve the climate.

"We can help save all the plants and all the creatures including ourselves by taking this and doing it responsibly," Calaway said.

This is the reason I think the endangered species listing review will be backflipped and wont be necessary. A backflip will mean Donnelly is fighting FWS and BLM in court while INR would proceed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $327.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
14.0¢ 14.5¢ 13.8¢ $223.5K 1.599M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 1815263 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 59586 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
INR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.