Ah, the benefit of the hc archives. Here's you flapping your...

1. 35,202 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4

Ah, the benefit of the hc archives. biggrin.png

Here's you flapping your gums about how much cleaner an ICE car is compared to an ev.

What do you mean " it was never the question " ?

Your whole point was why you would own an ev if charging it produced CO2 via the power station. In fact, at the end you ask, " why buy an ev ? ".

Indeed, that would be correct in CO2 emission terms if the car was charged by fossil fuel, particularly coal.

However, if that ev was charged by zero emission renewable energy, then it looks a bit different, doesn't it ?

" A quick calculation. My Alinta energy bill tells me that the 1,515kWh of electricity I used last qtr emitted 1,985kg of CO2-e, or 1.31kg/kWh. So a highway charge for the Leaf would emit 35.5x1.31 = 46.5kg. 160km in the ICE uses 8ltr of Diesel which produces 21.4kg CO2Even a 378km maximum range comparison, the ICE uses 19ltr producing 51kg. Except that, in a real world situation (like the ICE) the range is 270km (less if the a/c is on) or 13.5ltr of Diesel, emitting 36.2kg.https://www.motoring.com.au/nissan-leaf-2019-review-australia-119441/So with the Leaf emitting 28.5% more CO2 than the ICE, why buy an EV. "

Is that your best scientific analysis by the way ?

Scientist . Pfffttt ! Too funny ! tongue.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.