PLS 0.67% $2.98 pilbara minerals limited

Pilbara could do similar to the builds at Kemerton and Kwinana....

1. 8,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2622
    Pilbara could do similar to the builds at Kemerton and Kwinana. 1 train then follow with the next.
    An example of construction in China would be the 17,000tpa converter that Galaxy built in Jiangsu China that Tianqi now own. ~2011 that was just over AU$50 million. It was on the coastline along the Yangtze River which was strategically placed requiring less transport costs. The converter was a continuous automated process, from throwing the spodumene in one end and bagging itself up on the other. Other than loading, monitoring and palleting up the 25kg bags it was an absolute masterpiece and the first larger scale converter of its kind and prior the largest was ~6,000tpa.
    I doubt that Pilbara would look to build a converter in China, and the mention of potentially building one in Australia I am doubtful of as it is far more expensive here to build and the ongoing energy cost is one of the reasons it was avoided historically, though here we are with Kemerton and Kwinana being built along with a plan from the SQM WES JV to do the same nearby. I think there was an ongoing agreement made with the state government on energy costs which made it viable, still, we haven't seen the completion of Kwinana though what's dragged that is Tianqi's financial situation with them appearing to kick the can down the road awaiting funds from IGO so they can pay their suppliers but will be tarnished with a bad reputation. I am wondering how IGO feel about all this and if they feel comfortable being a silent partner seeing what has/is transpiring. I have wondered if Tianqi would consider giving up it's Jiangsu converter, though with the price of lithium rising again it might be just in time for them.
    Sorry I got off track, but I do get excited hearing discussion of lithium chemicals production and it's potential. Vertical integration is key to unlocking value in the production of spodumene. It can also assist companies minimise tax if the plant is built overseas by utilising transfer pricing which is done in both hard rock and brine production.
    Last edited by Thesi: 12/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.98
Change
-0.020(0.67%)
Mkt cap ! $8.972B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.92 $2.98 $2.90 $38.78M 13.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 15056 $2.97

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.98 89928 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.