VRE 0.00% 2.0¢ view resources ltd

Hi Nicky, Yes indeed, you have to wonder sometimes, don't you?I...

1. 2,257 Posts.
    Hi Nicky,
    Yes indeed, you have to wonder sometimes, don't you?
    I think give credit where credit is due as far as management is concerned.
    With hindsight a forethought, they have been seen to pull the right strings on more than a few occasions now.
    Dehedging the Gold at the time they did probably cost us a couple of Million - to make us $55M extra, on top of the Free Cash Projection of just over $100M.
    Hedging the Oil Price for all diesel requirements for the mine in 2007/2008 when they did will probably save us around/between $4M - $5M.

I'm supremely confident they will exceed +30,000ozs. this current quarter because:
    * I think that they would now have got a firm handle on the whole operation, and they would have learnt a lot along the way.
    * They haven't got the bank looking over their shoulder at every turn, questioning every move made etc., and wasting time and resources on the loan review that is no longer relevant or required.
    * The early hick-ups/worst must surely be behind them.
    I'd also be expecting big reductions in associated costs as alluded to in the most recent presentation.
    * And they put a + (Plus) sign on their last announcement/presentation signalling exactly that.

As far as the market losing faith, or being sceptical about/in management, I honestly think its more of a case that the market has penalised View Resources unfairly from the start. Too many cynics out there who like to draw comparisons with the likes of BMO, EXT/TTR and Perseverance etc. in previous, but recent years.
    They are completely different operations run by completely different outfits - VRE in completely different times with a completely different Gold Price
    - and in my opinion will end up having a completely different outcome - obviously much better than some IMO.
    But the fact remains that BMO, and to a lesser extent
    EXT/TTR and PSV have frightened a lot of investors on to the sidelines or out of the Junior Gold Market completely - through no fault of VRE, or it's management.

So the bottom line has been everything that VRE does, or has done, has seemed to be doing it hard with little or no SP reward or acknowledged kudos.
    Coupled to that, it has seemed that the VRE Shareholders Register has been overfull of impatient investors who I presume must have thought it was all going to be a quick killing overnight.
    Still, one of the one good things that has happened in recent weeks is a very good wash-out of the impatient on good volumes, and a nice top up of investors who know what they need to know, and who you would think would be prepared to wait before their pockets are full. Obviously there are still a few more to run over, but I'm in no doubt with the right news presented, and financial information to flow, they should well be run over in the blink of an eye. Lets face it - VRE has not been a Daytraders Paradise for quite a while, and I certainly don't care about that.
    So onwards and upwards I say - Today will be green!
    wrxsti

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VRE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.