ADO 4.76% 2.0¢ anteotech ltd

extraordinary claims....

1. 21,239 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9

extraordinary claims are supposed to be backed up by extraordinary evidence.

so I read from TV's post: "Little Aussie Biotech Anteo solving problems for multiple global billion dollar companies."

which was supported by: "And saving lives, and likely saving billions from government budgets, who knows what else it might achieve?!"

not to mention: "(TV) You are one the gods of knowledge and investment on Hot Copper"

(I'll leave out the names to avoid causing them embarrassment, but really, the replies to TV's post would make any serious investor cringe.)

So, I take it that nobody is concerned in the slightest with: "Little Aussie Biotech Anteo solving problems for multiple global billion dollar companies."? See, here's my problem.....

and before proceeding I should say it's not my intention to bag TV, I'm sure he's genuine in his belief about ADO's prospects, though perhaps a bit recklessly for my tastes.

no, it's the David and Goliath situation which bothers me. And BTW the analogy with Cochlear is misleading. Cochlear had a stand alone device, able to be produced and marketed 'directly' to the customer - a complete package in its own right. No comparison to ADO whatsoever. Totally misleading.

Why don't I like the David and Goliath situation? Well I can't think of any very small Biotech company which ever 'held to ransom' any large Biotech companies invested in a field as potentially hugely profitable as POC. What do I mean by 'held to ransom'? Just that the story goes that once the big companies climb aboard the ADO bandwagon that serious royalties will endlessly flow ADO's way.

IMO - that ain't gonna happen.

Big companies do not like paying substantial ongoing royalties to minnows. They just don't do it. In cases where a small Bio's product enables a big company to successfully implement its devices then the big company simply swallows the little one. Not only that, but in the case of ADO, there appear to be several big companies interested in using ADO's product? These big companies are presumably competitiors, why are they standing around watching each other perfect their products when any one of them could simply scoop the pool and take out ADO if their M&G glue is so all-powerful? Further to that, ADO has actually been working for a long while now with these potential customers/predators to bring their projects to a successful conclusion, and without any large up-front payments. All quite puzzling to me....

Now of course I can't see one minute into the future, and I have no idea whether M&G will eventually prove a success with other companies but if you believe the likes of Phillips, BBI, Biomerieux, etc. are happy at the prospect of pouring money down ADO's throat for the right to use ADO's glue and everyone in consequence 'lives happily ever after', then that's your prerogative. Real life usually takes a different turn than it does in fairytales. If I were ADO I'd have a really tight rein on any company fishing around my product and especially when there appear to be several of them. How hard would it be for these bigger companies to circumvent ADO's technology? you can bet they are working on their own recipes along the lines of ADO's formula. It would be a pity if, after showing them the way, ADO got screwed by bigger ruthless companies with far, far greater resources. We are talking about very serious money and very serious players here. And the fact ADO does have their glue patented? if you do a bit of research into the minefield of patent law, you'll quickly discover that even a single word in a patent document can change the applicability of that patent profoundly. So relying purely on ADO's patent rights might not be the guarantee of security some might think.

taking it on trust that there are several big Biotech's interested in ADO's product, I can't see at the moment how this is going to work out for ADO. I do not accept the multiple royalty streams suggested by some - I can't see any precedent for it. If you think there is, then provide a list of all the minnow companies who currently receive big chunks of cash from major players for the use of their products? I'm happy to be corrected on any of this and I would like to see ADO succeed, I've said so many times. I do not however believe in fairytales.

now I'll leave it for the Hotcopper gods of 'knowledge and investment' to pursue the story.....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ADO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
-0.001(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $49.36M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.1¢ 2.1¢ 2.0¢ $10.34K 499.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
13 2923983 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.1¢ 196776 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ADO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.