INF 10.0% 5.4¢ infinity lithium corporation limited

Extremaduran PSOE opens to start up the Cáceres lithium mines

1. 825 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 171
    Really hard reading translated articles from Spain (finding and reading)

https://www.lainformacion.com/economia-negocios-y-finanzas/presion-economica-empresarial-vira-psoe-mina-litio-caceres/2872234/

first article - dated 14th Aug talks to the change in stance of the local Mayor and govt. which is months old news now. More interesting is the talk about:
    • Chamber that also supports the regional government's proposal, which will be reflected in a Decree Law in the third quarter of this year, that the lithium that is extracted from Extremadura - the Cañaveral and San José de Valdeflores mines, both in Cáceres - be allocated to industrial projects in Extremadura
    • Junta de Extremadura is already processing one of the research permits requested by the Australian company and, in addition, according to an old law, it can already request the extraction of lithium from the Junta if it considers that the mima is profitable
    • the Australian company can request permission from the Board and the City Council toexploitation of lithium from the mountains of Cáceres, "at any time".
    The first point seems to acknowledge that if the mining & processing project gets approved, then best to make the most of it and ensure that the product is used locally.
    The second point is the most interesting given we are starved of news here...maybe I missed something, but I wasn't aware they had lodged another research permit (article below throws more confusion on this). Also wasn't aware they had paid that outstanding fine for making a mess of the mine site !
    That last point - I couldn't imagine that they would try to exploit what seems like a loophole to start mining based purely on the research permit. It's been too sensitive up until now, you'd think they'd try to get all parties on side.

All that said, an article published on 3rd July seems to be a little contradictory (or confusing at least) at least in regards to timelines
    • after the Junta de Extremadura denied a few weeks ago the second research permit for the San José de Valdeflórez project , located just 2.5 kilometers from the town of Cáceres
    I wasn't aware another research permit was rejected (after the presentation by Ramón Jiménez in May in regards to the new underground mine) - and yet the later article suggests another is being considered ? A little confusing (are INF just continually requesting research permits ??) - wish Infinity would publish these permit applications (and results) so we didn't have to try to find spanish news articles and translate them !

https://www.lainformacion.com/empresas/la-guerra-del-litio-pone-en-peligro-las-dos-unicas-minas-de-espana/2843379/

Anyway ,confusion aside, interesting writeup, with slightly positive undertones. Still a big risk this company, but huge upside if it gets approval.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add INF (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.4¢
Change
-0.006(10.0%)
Mkt cap ! $24.98M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.4¢ $20.58K 361.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 18000 5.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.9¢ 57458 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 02/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.7¢
  Change
-0.006 ( 3.64 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.7¢ 5.7¢ 5.7¢ 32265
Last updated 14.36pm 02/05/2024 ?
INF (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.