XJO 0.58% 8,091.9 s&p/asx 200

f-f-friday trades!, page-19

1. 1,854 Posts.
    thanks retska. i am trying to get as many indications as i can regarding the commodities i own. their share price charts look great, technically. but this xjo thread is populated by some seriously qualified and competent chartist calling for a major top being in place on the indexes. my fa and ta suggest we're going to be ok. i am therefore bullish, but recognize my limitations; i'm up against some very capable minds that think otherwise. so my reason for asking about backwardation in the metals is to assess the need for metals 'right now'. hopefully that's the kicker. growth in china's gdp is still running at 9% for pete's sake. anyway, i understood that if the rollover price is less that the front month, a rare event, it indicates a tight supply shift. the market needs delivery. march 11 sugar is an example. food stocks aren't up to the demand so there's backwardation in the current contract. did i get that right? good news if you're long sugar. hoping a nugget of bullish information is to be in this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.