QHL 7.41% 25.0¢ quickstep holdings limited

Don't get ahead of yourselves guys!While QHL is somewhere in the...

1. 489 Posts.
    Don't get ahead of yourselves guys!

While QHL is somewhere in the line, the article does say the following:

``We're still in discussions with Quickstep at the moment, but it's a significant contract that's well worth chasing,'' Mr Bentley said. We have an interest in talking to composite suppliers in Australia and have already spoken to a number of others in addition to Quickstep.

and

``The idea is to get a bunch of companies on board for the design and development stage _ that's where we're at at the moment.''

While the article does hint at QHL a number of times, it also suggests that there are other suppliers and that Lockheed Martin Aeronautics were looking for the best deal. Hence the time in taking to work through the contracts.

My understanding of the quote...We're still in discussions with Quickstep at the moment, but it's a significant contract that's well worth chasing,...would tend to imply that Lockheed know what they want, and know what they are offering, but are chasing the best deal for themselves which may or may not involve QHL. I suppose you could also read it as it was a good deal for a contractor to chase, however, from the way it was written it implies that Lockheed are in the drivers seat when it comes to choosing.

Just nitpicking I suppose, however, realistically the article is good and positive, but hints at no announcement for some time, perhaps even months. So any expectation that sp will rise significantly today based on this alone is somewhat misguided, unless of course you are a day trader and need to push sp up and down accordingly.

mm

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add QHL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.