LTR 3.63% $1.00 liontown resources limited

FA & General Banter, page-18483

1. 996 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 250
    having taught in high school since 1987, albeit in mathematics and sciences where the motivation of students is higher, I can safely say that it’s the administrative and policy (politics) which is the biggest stressor. Changing deadlines and micro-management by administration detracts from the joy. I know of a few principals who finished high school with the lowest possible OP or ATAR or HSC equivalent yet rose through the ranks of teaching (somehow) to manage schools and vilify amazing educators through incompetence and sheer jealousy.

the teachers at the chalkface work very hard and do it mostly for their students. If I had a choice between higher pay (6% pay rise per year) or better resources and smaller class sizes I would choose the latter. Often teachers get 2% per year and better conditions. After they have to resort to industrial action. Mind you, often in labor governed states, where the minister was often a teacher’s union leader in a previous life or other union.

teaching and students were good to me but the workload, politics and expectations of being on a salary where the hours you work can reduce that salary to less than $30 per hour can be disheartening for your early career. Imagine getting $2600 per fortnight pre-tax for a 50 hour week of work.

although a bad word and heresy to speak of, “streaming” of students to remove the unmotivated or misbehaviour orientated occupants of classrooms from the students is highly effectual. But since it’s a bad word, teachers find themselves managing their classrooms rather than educating 100% in them.

I’ve taught 1000s of students and contributed to the education of lawyers, scientists, surgeons, media personalities, elite sportspersons and others who contribute to our lives in meaningful ways. But I can’t recall many doing teaching.

thx for at least reading my rant

go lions. Roaring up our charts

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LTR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.00
Change
0.035(3.63%)
Mkt cap ! $2.425B
Open High Low Value Volume
97.5¢ $1.02 97.0¢ $15.30M 15.33M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
6 92465 $1.00

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.01 20810 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LTR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.