LDX 0.00% 5.0¢ lumos diagnostics holdings limited

FA/General Discussion, page-18

1. 1,093 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 66
    . For combating antibiotic resistance I think Febridx has massive potential.
    but I read the following study regards Febridx and Covid. Cambridge state it is of limited use in settings with low prevalence.

Field clinical performance of SARS-CoV-2 point-of-care diagnostic tests: a living systematic reviewof trials up to 17th of August, 2021Gabriel Hawthorne1,2, Adam Harvey21Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, United Kingdom2Diagnostics for the Real World EU, Chesterford Research Park, Saffron Walden, United KingdomCorresponding address: [email protected]*m

"We found a few studies using the FebriDx device (Lumos diagnostics), which captures
    Myxovirus resistance protein A (MxA - a marker of interferon-induced antiviral host response) and C
    reactive protein (a well-known and widely used inflammatory marker in medical practice). In one study,
    the assay had a sensitivity of 93% and a specificity of 86%162 (with an estimated prevalence of 48% in the
    studied population).

As the markers are commonly elevated for a range of pathogens, the test has a low specificity and has limited use in settings with low prevalence.

This is just one opinion. I'm not in the medical field, have no real idea.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LDX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $24.06M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.0¢ 5.1¢ 4.9¢ $72.07K 1.447M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 320000 4.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.0¢ 240000 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.06am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LDX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.