LYC 0.63% $6.41 lynas rare earths limited

RE101..hahaha...yes of course mate, its a pleasure to chat with...

1. 1,786 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    RE101..hahaha...yes of course mate, its a pleasure to chat with a poster who is not emotional about a share price. If you saw my desk, you would understand why my belated figures are somewhat ass about face. I have a few houses in SEA and forget where i leave stuff.
    Temasek have in fact been buying through third parties, and quite considerably after the last failed attempt with regards to the firb & the main land Chinese, well known foray.
    With regards to Japan and a buyout, thats a different story.LYC is quite important in many ways with regards to the next future of Robotics & in fact the next faze of mankind's technology.
    My last post here, or there a bouts was a question "who was selling" what i should have asked, got no answer, so i found out was "who was buying".
    The IMCOA estimate China’s output at around 130,000 tons per year in 2016 (up from 105,000 tons in 2011). China’s output quota however, was established at 93,800 mt for 2013. Based on the above estimates, the non-China annual output would need to be between 30,000 mt to 80,000 mt to meet global demand for REEs in 2016.
    Chinese exports and lack of capacity elsewhere led to the sharp price rise and while price declines resulted from of softer demand (e.g., some substitution, high stocks, and a slow economic recovery). How ever things are changing fast.
    Since the recent visit to the shrine, things are getting ugly.
    I speak teochew with an aussie twang, so I'm only told so much & of course having japanese friends is not helping me to get to the truth of a lot of things.
    Japan has expressed a sense of urgency to secure new non-Chinese supplies of REEs since the September 2010 maritime incident with China and the claim of a Chinese supply embargo of REEs and other materials. Japan’s primary end use application of REEs include polishing (20%), metal alloys (18%), magnets (14%), and catalysts (12%)—much different than that of the United States. Japan receives 82% of its REEs from China. Forty percent of China’s REE exports go to Japan and 18% to the United States.
    Japan-based firms and the Japanese government are making a number of joint venture agreements and potential partnerships around the world to secure supplies of REEs, particularly at the raw material stage. Sumitomo Corp. and the Kazakhstan National Mining Co. – Kazatomprom – formed a joint venture to produce LREEs. Toyota Tsusho and Sojitz are partnering with Vietnam’s Dong Pao project to produce LREEs. Japan’s JOGMEC is partnering with India to explore for REEs and establish a processing facility. JOGMEC also had decided to seek investments in Australia’s Lynas Corporation.
    The Japanese government had expressed an interest in making investments in the United States as well as the potential investment by Sumitomo into Molycorp’s Mountain Pass mining operation. The Sumitomo/Molycorp deal did not occur. The role of the Japanese government is to reduce exploration risk of the Japanese mining industry by becoming an exploration partner in potential mining projects around the world, while increasing R&D investments into material use efficiencies and finding substitutes for HREEs in magnets. The Japanese government is also establishing a “recycling-based society” with major efforts in urban mining (i.e., the recovery of materials from end use applications, such as laptops and cell phones).
    The Japanese government and the private sector have expressed concerns over the export controls Chinese have placed on ferroalloys that contain dysprosium and other HREEs and mining quotasfor the southern region where most of the HREEs are mined. A number of meetings have been held between Chinese and Japanese government officials to address the rare earth situation. Japan’s access to REEs is vital to their vast manufacturing industry which produces a variety of parts and consumer goods imported by the United States.
    The Hitachi Metals of Japan announced plans to build a rare earth permanent magnet facility at the company’s site in China Grove, NC, or were supposed to.
    So now Temasek is stepping, as they are Chinese, yet not Mainland Chinese, can trade and third party purchase for the Japanese.
    Now i know its all mercy, but "LYC" is in the middle of a war & possibly not even aware of it. LYC will be in my mind, bought out because it is just too important to be left alone.
    You & I possibly JJ, think a decade ahead, my Asian counterparts think "150 years ahead".
    I hope that clarifies why i have asked the questions in the previous post.
    Kind Regards, Dan

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.41
Change
0.040(0.63%)
Mkt cap ! $5.991B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.45 $6.49 $6.40 $13.34M 2.079M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 13384 $6.41

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.42 13471 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.