XJO 0.10% 7,767.5 s&p/asx 200

fabulous friday, page-38

1. 7,728 Posts.
    Never heard of the Van Tharp newsletter, but at a glance it reflects the nostalgia of someone living in the past and longing for "the good old days".

Yep, America, and Australia, don' make things. We consume things.

I love their and our lifestyle. I love living in spacious house, with swimming pool, fleet of cars, lots of leisure hours, clean air-conditioned shopping centres, holiday destinations, money in the bank.

That's where we are today...that's where Americans are today in what Van Tharp says is a bankrupt country.

I do not care to be living in the 1950's when Americans and Australians made television sets ---probably watches, too---in dingy factories, and cost several weeks pay... and workers who made them caught red rattlers with smoking compartments to and from work...

Yes, General Motors-Holden's was one of the country's biggest employers, 20,000 on the payroll, and there were no heaters or carpets in the old FJ's.

When pubs closed at 6 pm, when the only cheese sold in supermarkets was Kraft cheddar and wine was called plonk and only drunk by migrants.

Bankrupt?? Banrupt!

If this is bankrupt, give me bankrupt any day in preference to living in China, Pakistan, Russia, Indonesia or just about anywhere else on the planet.

I

I do not care

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.