APX 2.04% 48.0¢ appen limited

I would like add a few more points on that:1. Scale.AI has no...

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    I would like add a few more points on that:

1. Scale.AI has no business in China and probably never will mainly because it already works with US Defence Department. Now Appen is well positioned to capture China's AI growth, it is already working with Alibaba (Top tech company in all aspects) and iFlyTek(No1 voice recognition in China) and most likely big self driving auto manufacture. They had offices in a number of big cities and working closely with local government to boost AI industry.

This is the 2021 AI data industry ranking in China, Appen was ranked number 3 amongst 20 or so local Chinese companies.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3807/3807112-87abec78d669010fbab3a52abdeb48ff.jpg

2. Regarding SaaS, as far as I know Appen has the ability to host their annotation platform both on public and private cloud depends on what the clients want, assuming they can subscribe the service on usage and annual basis thus the ACV is growing. If it's not SaaS, I don't know what is.

3, It seems the biggest concern is unsupervised learning, I'm no expert on this, I would just like to share what I observed.

LeCun, Chief AI Scientist from Facebook wrote an article on that,

"We’re encouraged by the progress of self-supervision in recent years, though there’s still a long way to go until this method can help us uncover the dark matter of AI intelligence. Self-supervision is one step on the path to human-level intelligence, but there are surely many steps that lie behind this one. Long-term progress will be cumulative"

If you had a bit of read on the history of AI, it has went a long way and till recently there is break through. But to say this will completely eliminate manual data handling in 10 years is IMO really really optimistic. Just have a think on how much power it is used to mine Bitcoin, and it is not even close to the computing power that is need to power unsupervised AI and you still need to take into account the bias it creates, the accuracy, data gathering , data creation and data security, there are just too many aspects of it. IMO, weak-supervised leaning is probably the next stop for most of the industries. (Facebook is not the only company in this world, though it has the best resource, it doesn't mean everyone else get to use it)

At the end of the day, Appen needs to evolve into something different than it is today, like Amazon, Google, they all started from something else. I agree with@T.E.P. Appen has the potential to become a one-stop AI platform that helps anyone with limited resources to board the AI ship.

And finally some delightful tweets
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3807/3807169-a782f0a9974eebd57506ad5473274390.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.04%)
Mkt cap ! $106.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.5¢ 49.8¢ 47.5¢ $529.9K 1.091M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 6667 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 649 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.