APX 0.00% 48.0¢ appen limited

Good [email protected]., hope you can continue sharing your thoughts...

1. 191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Good luck@T.E.P., hope you can continue sharing your thoughts here. I've been following your website and posts for quite a while, really good learning so Thank you.

As far as I know, big Chinese tech(Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, JD, ByteDance) are already crowdsourcing data annotation since 2016 and still investing in their own platform and the fact late joiner Appen is growing rapidly in China means there is a demand for high quality data servicing company like Appen. Whether this market trend is a replica in US or not due to higher labor cost remains unknown and I highly doubt any of the mentioned US tech giants would do that in-house due to higher cost and unmanageable crowd (flexible hiring, just thinking of a product factory line with hundreds thousands workers all over the world, how hard is to mange that?)

The likely outcome would be somewhere in between, they crowdsource a few projects on their own(maybe the data sensitive ones?) and still using servicing company for other projects.

TBH I still can't figure out what makes it a difference between someone works for Appen that uses Facebook's annotation platform (to annotate data for Facebook) compares to the same person that might be hired by Facebook and doing the same thing in the same location. Maybe need some intelligent mind on this.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $106.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.0¢ 49.0¢ 48.0¢ $52.65K 109.3K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 19051 48.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.5¢ 19224 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.57am 20/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.