APX 3.03% 48.0¢ appen limited

Facebook and the Metaverse, page-27

1. 1,405 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 561
    Its a shame the company only responds when there is a trading halt / ASX query. As it stands my query to them on Friday hasn't even been acknowledged yet. Ill be pushing harder now in an attempt to get a reply as technically I am a part owner of this company.

In relation to the outsource / insource argument - Ive some experience in this space and hopefully Facebook/meta, Google/ Alphabet & Microsoft will take a similar approach to this as I feel I would, and that is that for the miniscule amount of money you would save via insourcing, its simply not worth it:
    -Firstly you open your brand up to a great deal more scrutiny paying minimum amounts for work - This may be an option fro Meta and Alphabet but for consumer facing brands, (MS, FB, Google) you wouldn't risk it.
    -Secondly its a pain in the butt and you want your KMP on the delivery of the strategic direction for the business. Get this type of simplistic stuff out to the b type companies and get your best people and teams focussed on the big ticket items. To @wenchao's point this is likely helping the China growth as the companies he/she mentioned realise what a pain in the a&#ê this is to manage and get someone else to do it.

So personally I don't believe the big mac BS - if you called me and said am I reassessing things I would tell you I am always reassessing things... I personally have had vendors twist this before and agree with the poster above who said contact may not have actually been from the organisations mentioned.

So if the above is 100% right (its not, they would have customers starting and ending programs all the time), then what is the issue?
    IMO its competition. Say you have a call centre or similar type business where inbound is manned but calls are slow... What could you do to improve income / productivity... So the Canadian mob are pretty smart, they have contacts (as already mentioned) and may be able to engage in a price war... It doesn't matter where the crowd comes from does it ?

I believe APX needs to reinvent itself. I think it has begun this journey and will stumble a few times but would be surprised to see crowd sourcing as the core business in 3-5 years. Question is can it reinvent itself successfully and sell this to the customers and investors?
    I dont believe so, but why will I hold.

Ill hold because I believe the company can change the perception short term and I can exit with a lessor loss than I have today. I was almost there last week but am prepared to be patient.

On another note Marky marks inability to take the time to reaffirm guidance will result in one certainty, they will get a second strike at the next AGM which is only 6 months away.

GLTAH and apologies for the long note - was walking through my thoughts and hope someone else may find the view helpful.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3843/3843990-f6d972e96f11ca8da317dafc1c1cfeea.jpg

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3843/3843986-efc3938119008cda06be7c265514decf.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add APX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
-0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $106.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 50.0¢ 47.0¢ $676.8K 1.408M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 42063 47.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 35424 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
APX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.