BIG 0.00% $2.22 big un limited

In regards to the facebook news feed changes affecting BIG, I'd...

1. 66 Posts.
    In regards to the facebook news feed changes affecting BIG, I'd advise not to worry about it. My wife works in that space and while I won't go into all the details regarding their algorithms behind paid posts and all that kind of stuff - especially since it's not me personally that knows that space, but I'll give you a brief overview. From what she's told me, the facebook changes is essentially to provide more quality over quantity. Currently businesses are posting a high volume of posts, with a mix between paid and unpaid posts. The unpaid (organic posts) will no longer reach a wider audience due to the changes. The paid posts will however again it'll come down to quality of the post. The more engagement on the posts (shares/comments/reactions/likes - that's the order of value of engagement which is tied to their algorithms) the larger audience facebook will show the posts to.

The trick to maintaining views/engagement, will be for businesses to provide quality posts. This is actually exactly what BIG does, their videos are used to provide quality posts. A video is going to reach a much wider audience as it'll have more engagement, rather than a text post that basically says 'come check out our store'. The businesses that used to have poor quality posts, will now need to put in a bit more effort, and will probably look into avenues such as BIG.

So in a nutshell, this change will help BIG. There's a lot more I could provide based on the way facebook ads work, and I glossed over everything very quickly obviously, but this isn't a post about how facebook advertising works, this is about how it'll affect BIG and it won't affect BIG at all short term, it will probably help BIG in the long term when people start understanding what they'll need to do to get higher engagement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BIG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.