YOW 0.00% 2.3¢ yowie group ltd

load up flag waving comments here as well and pull the American...

1. 9,349 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 852
    load up flag waving comments here as well and pull the American heartstrings with "Buy a America made product" "buy local" . support local USA jobs etc.

Yowie should be sending them a box to confirm chocolate is / or isn't tainted?

Introduce them to Yowies - the legal USA surprise egg.

nodefamatory content can be brought into HC./p/fda-legalize-kinder-eggs-in-the-united-states

nodefamatory content can be brought...ve-the-ban-on-the-ferrero-kinder-surprise-egg

https://freetheegg.wordpress.com/2015/04/26/yowie-chocolate-review/#comments
    April 26, 2015 · 1:16 am
    ↓ Jump to Comments
    Yowie Chocolate Review

Many of you have sent us pictures of the Yowie chocolate.  We’ve never seen one in our local stores, until today.  We decided to buy one so we could give our opinion and (hopefully) find a suitable substitute for our beloved Egg. Let’s get the facts out of the way –
    • The cost was about $2.50.
    • We bought it from a Wal-Mart just north of San Antonio, Texas.
    • There was the same age warning on the display box and creature as the Egg.

Yowie isn’t an egg.  He’s a, um, uh… thing. There are six “things” in the Yowie World.  This particular one is “Ditty”.  So – we brought home “Ditty” to go through a three person evaluation.  The evaluators?  Me, my husband, and our 10-year-old daughter.  We took the wrapper off and saw right away why Yowie passes the CPSC test.  You can see the plastic capsule at the seam of the two chocolate halves. Because of that, the halves come apart easily.  The capsule is divided into two halves of two colors.

The capsule was not easy to open, until we noticed the “press here”.  Then it was easy.  (Duh) The toy is actually pretty cool.  It was a little plastic wolf.  He’s a little scary looking for me, but our daughter likes it.

So what’s our eval on the chocolate?  I didn’t like it.  It tastes, to me, like the chocolate they use in the little solid Easter chocolate eggs. I’m a chocolate snob and enjoy dark chocolate more than milk chocolate.  (That being said, I LOVE Kinder Chocolate.  Maybe if Yowie added the layer of white chocolate to the interior?)  My husband thought the chocolate was fine and my daughter loved it.  {I don’t know if her taste buds work right.  Her favorite foods are Pringle Pickle Chips, sour cream, chocolate, and macaroni and cheese.  Don’t judge.  We can get her to eat healthy food but it is a battle of the wills, people.  She’s adorable and tiny but soooo strong-willed.}
    I’ve always said that if a suitable Kinder Egg substitute came out, we’d spread the word.  Although I didn’t care for the chocolate, it did get some excitement from my kiddo.  We mentioned Yowie in a blog a while back (https://freetheegg.wordpress.com/2014/10/05/ferroro-is-fighting-after-all/).  It sounds like they were trying to get a deal with Ferrero.  I’d be interested in finding out more about their company.  If they came out with better quality chocolate, I’d be thrilled.  So is this a full-on endorsement?  Not really.  It’s a quasi-endorsement.  I’d like to learn more about them, find out what is going on with them and Ferrero, and see if they have any plans on different chocolate.
    What about you?  Have you tried them?  What did you think?  What was your toy?  If they did somehow get a deal with Ferrero (go read the other article!) would you be more interested in their product?
    Understand that we are not giving up the fight, just keeping our eyes, ears, and tastebuds open to all possibilities.  We still need to Free The Egg.

9 Comments
    Filed under Information

9 responses to “Yowie Chocolate Review

1. Sabrina
      April 26, 2015 at 1:39 am
      I think the chocolate tastes terrible, but the toys are cute. I think the toys are better quality than Kinder, but they aren’t as fun. My kids have gotten variations of a bear every time.
    2. Sabine Ovesen
      April 26, 2015 at 3:39 pm
      My entire family are “Kinderüberraschung” (Kinder egg) chocolate snobs. It must mean something when millions of people are still eager to buy them. They cannot be substituted with any other chocolate or their put-together surprise toys inside.
    3. Takara Barnes
      July 17, 2015 at 9:46 pm
      The chocolate is aweful I would never allow my kid to eat the chocolate. It has a rubber taste that you can not get rid of. And the price is horrible for the quality of chocolate . Sure the toy is cute but not worth the price if the chocolate comes out tasting like rubber!
    4. Randalyn
      August 14, 2015 at 10:06 pm
      Mt kids got a bear, a fox and an owl
    5. melony
      October 7, 2015 at 5:44 pm
      I saw these at Walmart as I was checking out on Monday and my inner kid senses tingled as I saw the cute display with cute animals on the box, llama, fox, clownfish panda ect.. so needles to say I bought one and I got an owl. The toy was surprisingly really detailed though I was hoping for a cuter animal like a fox r bunny or something(not a big fan of owls lol). The toy is still very cute but like you said the chocolate tasted like plastic and I didn’t eat more than two pieces before trowing the chocolate out. This was the first time I have ever seen these things. They reminded me of when I was a kid when we had the wonder ball(delicious chocolate if I can remember). I agree that $2.50 was a bit much since the actual chocolate tasted horrible.
    6. melony
      October 7, 2015 at 5:47 pm
      Lol I think I’m the only one here who doesn’t have kids and bought it for myself BTW where can I buy kinder eggs? I’ve had kinder chocolate and its amazing but never seen the eggs in store.
      • Blog Operator
        October 9, 2015 at 2:56 pm
        Unfortunately, the Ferrero Kinder Surprise Egg is illegal in the US. While some are lucky enough to have stores near them who ignore the law, the vast majority of the country is in an Egg Desert. We’re fighting that law right now. Have you signed the petition? There’s a link at the top of this page. Free The Egg!
    7. Melody
      December 15, 2015 at 8:18 pm
      I’ll eat them, but they’re no Kinder Eggs. The toys are bland and uncreative, and the mascots are just ugly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add YOW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.275M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 118344 2.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 156545 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
YOW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.