Measure out the job yourself sqm wise for your tiles, price all...

1. 814 Posts.
    Measure out the job yourself sqm wise for your tiles, price all your fittings online, like vanity etc.

Then break the jobs up, hire a tiler for the wall and floor work ask him for his sqm rate first of course, then agree to a price. Hirer a plumber yourself to install the required fittings either go with an hourly or get an over all quote,shouldn't take a plumber more then 2 days .then hire a electrician to wire up all the power points and lighting etc,also just go an hourly but get the hourly rate disclosed first and it shouldn't take him more then a day.

That's how I renovate and your basically just cutting out the middle man who takes the biggest cut.

I did my en suite for 4.5k and that was a complete over hall new toilet, vanity mirror, glass door,screen plus new tile including features, my labour bill was $1500,add $200 for a electrician as I did this myself.the tiler tiled from the floor to the sealing and I painted the sealing myself as well which was easy enough to do,just make sure you get the right paint that can handle moisture.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.