UNI 1.74% $5.65 universal store holdings limited

fact versus supposition

1. 5,614 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2801
    When I invest in a company I undertake as much independent research as possible. After the inital decision to invest is made this is an ongoing process. More often than not it's as simple as picking up the phone and talking to people I hope will have the answer to my questions. Over the years I have found that if you treat these people with courtesy and respect you tend to get the same back.

So, for example, I understand that Alan Shortall has just arrived back in Sydney after spending most of the past two months overseas dividing his time between China, IBS and Europe. My understanding also is that a shareholder update is in the process of being put together. As has been mentioned before, these things are not something knocked up on the back of an envelope on the flight home. They take time to write, having to go through the legal and executive approval processes of all parties involved.

People can make of this what they will. As far as timelines are concerned, I can't see that any have been broken. An update by March 31 was never promised, rather a statement was made that by the end of March Unilife would have three products in production. To my way of thinking this remains the case. No news is good news. If the situation were otherwise, management would be under considerable legal obligation to inform the market. They haven't. That tells me, in my opinion, that when the update comes it will contain news we have waiting for. Certainly I don't believe Alan Shortall spent the best part of two months overseas on vacation. Far from it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add UNI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.65
Change
-0.100(1.74%)
Mkt cap ! $433.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.72 $5.79 $5.65 $254.7K 44.51K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 1768 $5.65

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.73 286 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
UNI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.