Facts Don't Lie:, page-179

1. 10,702 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 237
    I am having probs with your comments in the first sentence!
    "The Medieval and probably the Roman warms were clear warming events. Recent sea level approach suggests they might have been overall warms globally."

A) I cannot see how you deduce there may have been global warmth during those periods.
    1. I am not sure why I am having to repeat, again, that other proxy evidence categorically indicates not. Do you dispute that?!
    2. And sea is fluid. Sea level can't be taken as any indication of global homogeneous warmth.

B) The Kopp 2016 chart you produced shows prior sea levels to be lower than now. Suggesting overall cooler than now (though not necessarily homogenously so, allowing for parts of the Northern hemisphere to have been warmer, as known drivers would suggest was likely, though with a cooler planet than now overall). That sea level indication of cooler overall temperatures is consistent with the other proxy evidence.

C) Kopp 2016 also found "The 20th century rise was extremely likely faster than during any of the 27 previous centuries. Semiempirical modeling indicates that, without global warming, GSL in the 20th century very likely would have risen by between −3 cm and +7 cm, rather than the ∼14 cm observed. "

Long term sea level studies are only confirming current warming to be in excess of prior warming, and to be happening far more rapidly.
    sea level rise by century.gif
    Last edited by mjp2: 29/05/18

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.