Utvman, looks to me like you’re right: Brisbane and indeed many...

1. 9,155 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 498
    Utvman, looks to me like you’re right: Brisbane and indeed many parts in eastern Australia have been recording below average temperatures recently.

But so what? In my experience temperatures are going to be below average, about average or above average, and as they say of Melbourne, sometimes all on the same day.

But so what? Having learnt of a new record low in Brisbane, did your inquiring mind then say, gee, that’s interesting, I wonder what’s going on. It doesn’t look like it. Just taken a tumble to the bottom of the primary school class when you say changing weather = changing climate.

You know it isn’t true and so do I so why bother making an untrue assertion when you could have done some research and found out why.

Had you done any research as opposed to none, you would have found out that the rate of change for Earth’s climate is proceeding at an unprecedented rate. That’s according to the people who are doing research in the area, let’s call them climate scientists. They call it anthropogenic global warming, chiefly forced by humans doing such things as using massive amounts of fossil fuels, which help to warm Earth.

Taken in isolation, you wouldn’t be a fool to think, above average this month, could be below average next month, so what.

From memory, June 2018 was the 401st consecutive month when the global average monthly temperature was above average, more than 33 years.

This isn’t some luckyor unlucky streak, as the redoubtable MJP2 described earlier on an HC climate thread.

Get a coin, toss it, keep tossing it and when you have say 401 consecutive heads get back to us.

I understand glib is pretty much stock in trade for climate change-deniers because they have such little of substance to go on.

But you don’t pull the wool over people with even a modicum of research skills, only yourself.

Which begs the question, How Stupid Can Denial Get?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.