MCO 0.00% 11.0¢ morning star gold n.l.

Quinty, Chief Joseph et al.I don't post a lot but I hark back...

1. 954 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Quinty, Chief Joseph et al.
    I don't post a lot but I hark back some 18 months/2 years where I warned you that Vic gold is not easy. I a seasoned mining engineer who derived a living from Vic gold. My father was an early investor in GMA. That Company was pre-eminent in narrow vein gold mining world wide in those times and NOBODY will better their efforts. I am able to speel off annual production statistics for every year that GMA worked Morning Star but those stats won't sit well with the spin that Q1, Q2 and old Chiefy profess to be able to put forth. I symphasise with Quinty and the losses that he is facing but mining is mining and you need to understand the risks before you dive in.
    Facts are:
    1.Narrow vein mining methods are labour intensive and rely on CAPABLE machine miners - a rare commodity in Victoria and certainly at Woods Point.
    2.A three compartment shaft has a finite capacity = 1 for man haulage, 1 for ore and 1 for services/secondary egress. Morning Star has 1 for men and ore so production is limited to shaft capacity (80 tonnes/12 hours max).
    3.Any mine needs an established economical resource - the best resource is the one that is most accessible. At this stage there is no sustainable resource at Woods Point irrespective of Morrie Goodz's hypothesising - the Gap Zone has not been drill tested and this forms a big part of the "inferred resource" (JORC compliant?).
    4.GMA had a 20 head battery and cyanide plant - their recovery will not be bettered by MSG's Gekko mill.
    I have suggested in the past that Quinty and crew stop annoying the crap out of Nick Garling, Mike Botting etc and let those guys do their best to get the show on the road. There is nothing more annoying than having people with a modicum of (or zero)knowledge chiming in ad nauseum with dumb and stupid queries/comments.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.