"Mr Dutton said the Treasury and Finance bosses should be ruled...

1. 45,195 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    "Mr Dutton said the Treasury and Finance bosses should be ruled out of the running."
    https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-07-13/dutton-says-treasury-finance-heads-cannot-be-next-rba-governor/102596386

I think this was very poor timing from Dutton as this sort of picking winners and damning Public Servants as "the government's potential picks to replace Philip Lowe as Reserve Bank governor would not be able to operate independently because of their established relationships with government."

is this why the Lib Gov sacked so many executive Public Servants back in '13/14? because Abbott thought they were all Lab supporters?

the Public Service has always maintained a degree of neutrality, according to several PSs that I've known over several decades, and according to the PS rules of conduct. from my reckoning these people would be just the sort that would do very well in the RBA.

also strange that Dutton identified the Chair position made decisions exclusive of other inputs, such as the other Board members.

is Dutton losing the plot?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.