MGO 0.00% 14.0¢ marengo mining limited

failed to deliver once again, page-62

1. RVR
    6,300 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2336
    "I doubt they can keep the time line as Chinese involved. Nowadays, no more golden touch by Chinese as they are playing tricky games everywhere especially, they are the one who provide the money for the project."

Yes Ironking, I can't help feeling that China interests are going to greatly complicate the MGO story. And the Chinese have a history of taking a much longer view toward strategic investments and other interests than western investors typically do. Somehow I doubt that the Chinese plan will be to accommodate foreign private investors like us over the longer term. 

So if their plan is to obtain full ownership, with perhaps some PNG minority participation (most likely to asist in consolidating their other long term national interests in PNG) then it would be logical to string out the funding issue for a long time, keeping the SP low and possibly a lot lower in the absence of any competitive source of the large capital sums required.

Sorry if this sounds pessimistic, but I always remember what Chou En Lai (long before he rose to become Premier) said as a young man after completing his degree in Paris. When asked what he thought of the French Revolution, he responded: "It's too soon to tell!"

Thought provoking when you look at France's current parlous debt position 80 odd years later, not to mention Europe as a whole desperately and fruitlessly looking to China to bale out the EU's hopeless financial mess.

We surely live in interesting times...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MGO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.