Fair go Ray white property manager

1. 39 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    We recently had to breaklease in our rented home of 5.5 years. As the tenant i felt I was open and honest about the reason and kept the agent updated on the move.
    We spent over 20 hours cleaning inside and out. provided receipts for carpet cleaning and pest control. the tenancy end was clear. As We had purchased a small duplex and were paying mortgages I advised the agent we would sign over the bond for rent owing , 1 week breaklease and water. there was a gap for estimates water so we advised of a payment plan and paid as per letter. As we did not receive any communication about meeting up to inspect after vacating we assumed all was ok. but no we received an exit condition report with 158 photos and was asked to come back and clean and paint. Now we were upset and anxiety was setting in we paid $50 as a gesture of goodwill to engage a cleaner and pay for 2 light bulbs not working. we did not hear anything and assumed this was accepted. the Rta bond form was signed and emailed back .yesterday we received notification of court action claiming loss of rent $800 for $117 to change light bulbs. They have used the bond for $300 cleaning and charged additional rent as they claim we vacated 5 days later than the end of tenancy . Fair Go ! Will we have a chance in court? Any advise would be most appreciated .

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.