FML 3.70% 14.0¢ focus minerals ltd

G'day hilohi.Yeah, I know what you are saying, and why we heap...

1. 8,211 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1004
    G'day hilohi.

Yeah, I know what you are saying, and why we heap adulation upon film stars the way we do is beyond me.

However, if you are making a film and you can get a top star to play the lead role for $20mil, or you can get the kid from the the local school drama class for $10 per hour and all the big Mac's he/she can eat then who is the better business proposition??

You see it is supply and demand that governs what each profession can demand.

Simply put, there is high demand for "Stars" and not a great supply. There is a large supply of "wannabe stars" and not much demand.

In Oz at the moment there is a large demand for top notch Geo's and mining directors and not much supply.

Now I am the first to admit that paying a lot does not always ensure a good result. We only have to look at the political situation here in Australia for proof of that - not that we pay our pollies a lot in my opinion but, by paying a big wage increase to our reps as we are going to do now I am willing to bet that we get the same hopeless results from them once they are getting a heap more money. I bet Julia will still be the same Julia with the same monotone voice and Kevie and Bob and Simon will still be - well we will not go into what they will all still be.

I think that we all/most agree that we have a top notch mob working at FML at the moment and, if we pay a few hundred grand more to keep them happy then, in the long run it will make stuff all difference to the bottom line and we run a good chance a making a quid.

If you pay someone a heap of money to make you an obscene amount of money are you not better off than paying someone of ordinary talent an ordinary amount of money to make you an ordinary amount of money? I think that is what I meant to say. Boy! that red wine makes me feel odd.

Most people in Australia are so worried and concerned about what other people are making that they do not have time to make plenty for themselves.

C'ya

Lockitt

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FML (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.005(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $40.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.0¢ 13.0¢ $1.464K 10.67K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 929 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 45008 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.31pm 19/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FML (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.