BOQ 0.34% $5.86 bank of queensland limited.

Fair Takeover Price for Bank of Queensland, page-20

1. 3,616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 500
    Gees, 20 years. Good on ya. Thats a nice start but if you do actually work in the industry you might want to pull back on some of the conspiracy stories and insults.

I started in the industry in 87 only a couple of months after the crash. It was a sh1te time. Everything was manual on paper and took forever. Transfer forms with share certificates attached had to go to the share registries to be typed in. Each state still had separate stock exchanges back then and stamp duty paperwork had to be done manually on each transaction according to state rules. The ASX is currently pondering moving to T+1 settlement. We were lucky to get T+30 ! Needed to wait for somebody to print off new share certificates and mail them before you got stock to trade. Aghhhh the good old days ....... really sucked.

I still have a Quintex share certificate from Christopher Skase and his mates in their final days. They were like confetti around the office when Skase and the mega-yacht (Mirage II I think it was) disappeared. Think I've got a Bell Resources one somewhere also thanks to Mr Bond ripping the guts out of it on his way to gaol. That one was actually mine. Occasionally I think that I should have them framed and put them on my wall for people to look at then I think about all the other crap I would need to clean out of my bottom drawer to find them. Things got better from there with some huge bull markets. You've probably never even seen a share certificate though have you?

Your lucky, all the hard work to turn everything digital happened long before you started. FAST, then CHESS, now whatever comes next to keep the ASX in relevant. All still long before the internet and online brokerages.

Anyhow fella, your off to a good start with a few years under your belt. Got to get back to my "penny stocks" now before drinks start LOL.

PS. Which broker do you work for? Just so that we can look out for some more of your top tips and market insights into why stocks go backwards after you purchased them, who are these "worriers" that you speak of, and where in the world its dark at lunch time ! So many mysteries that only you have answers to several of us here are keen to know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.86
Change
-0.020(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $3.876B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.89 $5.89 $5.83 $6.511M 1.111M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3316 $5.85

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.86 43402 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.