LEP 0.00% $5.72 ale property group

A couple points.1. I am not suggesting ALH will move elsewhere,...

1. 352 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 158
    A couple points.
    1. I am not suggesting ALH will move elsewhere, I am suggesting ALH will not pay rent and this will cause debt issues.
    2. Whilst I think there are high quality ALE premises, there are a number that are low quality and it is clear ALH has not been spending capex on those ones.

More on point 1 and the debt issues:
    - It is almost certain ALH will refuse to pay rent whilst they are in shutdown, as all other retail tenants are doing.
    - ALE runs on very low cash at bank, currently it only has circa $5m of free cash at hand after paying its dividend.
    - That is about 2 months cash at most to cover interest & other costs before it has run dry.
    - This could also trigger the debt covenants for the AMTN facility which can then call for their notes to be redeemed.

There is a very likely capital raise here and unfortunately I suspect it will be an institutional placement at a deep discount. Should this be the case, retail shareholders will get done over.

I am in this stock, I just think that it can go much lower and I'm certaintly not hoovering up shares at this price.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LEP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.