CYP 12.5% 27.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

Fair Value Please, page-12

1. 1,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 619
    Great summary @pfeifer1982, it’s really useful to put this bid into context given that FF are basically certain to exercise....

- we were trading close to $2 in the lead up to the option exercise and people betting on it going ahead. Arguably the gvhd license alone is worth $2. Should SD get everything else for FREE (including a government funded program of the largest MSC P2 trial ever in a massive indication of OA). Of course not.

- CDI takeover at US$307M 4 years ago equates to $4.08 (factor up to $4.50 for inflation). Have heard anecdotally our tech is way more valuable. So let’s say >>$4.50

- the NDF report valuation, when adjusted for 90% probability of gvhd P1 success came to $3.71. We have passed that now so adjust again to $4.12. Adjust again for OA, other preclinicals and competitive tension easily makes it >$5

- VLA TO premium was 160% which goes to show the undervaluation of Aussie biotech compared with the rest of world. Apply that to recent VWAP of say $1.25 (which everyone knows was manipulated!!) and you get $3.25. Without the manipulation we would be trading nearer to $2 anyway. So apply to Aussie/world arb factor to that gets you to $5.20.

- any other armchair analysts have some metrics?

No matter which way you slice it $2 seems woefully inadequate and I doubt would get up. But I’m glad the BOD have entertained it to get the process started and give FF plenty of time to consider their position before the option expires in 2 months (with no further extensions of course).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
27.0¢
Change
0.030(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $48.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
26.0¢ 29.5¢ 26.0¢ $113.1K 420.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4999 27.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
27.5¢ 3935 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.