FMG 1.96% $17.97 fortescue ltd

fairfax:twiggs applies blow torch on shorters!, page-7

1. 7,247 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    Yes, from a realistic point of view, it is time for a pause.

The algorithm business has taken a bit of a hit in last few days. The market police are on to it;

Regulators must impose new restrictions on high-speed trading firms to limit “out-of-control” mathematical algorithms after a number of technology-related snafus have hurt investor confidence, says a recent Chicago Federal Reserve study.
    The report said that industry and regulators have articulated “best practices” for risk controls, but many trading firms fail to implement all the recommendations or rely on other firms to catch an “out-of-control” algorithm or problem trade.
    CBS

and..

The head of trading algorithms at Knight Capital Group has left the company. Joseph Wald's exit marks the first senior-level departure since a trading glitch Aug. 1 resulted in a $440 million loss for Knight. Bringing it close to bankruptcy. Wald, a Knight managing director and overseer of trading programs sold to institutions, "decided to leave the firm to pursue other opportunities," said a Knight spokeswoman, according to the report. Wald joined Knight in 2008 and had been the chief executive of EdgeTrade, a trading-algorithms developer that Knight acquired in 2007.

None of that worries me too much, because I have learnt to deal with what is in front of me, where do you draw the line between fair and unfair? We know when the line is crossed but not where it is.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.97
Change
-0.360(1.96%)
Mkt cap ! $55.32B
Open High Low Value Volume
$18.10 $18.28 $17.97 $250.7M 13.82M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
7 104054 $17.96

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$18.07 4370 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.