faith v credulity, page-74

1. 23,738 Posts.
    ''DBT9 has at this stage of his life an unwavering faith in science to answer all of life's great questions. And it will answer many and protect him from many ludicrous religious beliefs. Well, if he truly goes deeply into the discoveries of science, to the coal-face of science, he will find more questions than answers.''

Sorry, but that's not correct.

I go wherever the evidence leads, and wherever results are demonstrated, and can be demonstrated.

Faith has not proven itself reliable as a means of determining fact from fiction, valid or flawed interpretation of how the world works and one's perception of it.

That faith is a poor tool for ascertaining truth is clearly demonstrated by the myriad faith based explanations for the existence of the world, this or that god, or gods, spirits relating to the elements, witches and wizards, and the list goes on.

As I've already pointed out, logic dictates that they cannot all be true, most if not all must be false because these world views are not compatible.

As for me having 'faith' - that is false because the very definition of faith is 'a belief held without the support of evidence'' - which is the very antithesis of science and reason.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.