STL 0.00% $1.90 stargroup limited

Most governments are going to support reduced ATM activity for...

1. 3,028 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 50
    Most governments are going to support reduced ATM activity for the main reason that there are other options now in play. Namely digital money like bitcoin etc. The argument has always been that issuing digital money could help reduce the high costs of circulating traditional currencies ... boost the convenience and transparency of transactions, reduce money laundering, tax evasion and other criminal acts.

Lest face it, digital money allows transactions to be tracked in a more quantitative manner and while the authorities are going to push ever harder for this, there is still a reluctance from most of us to adopt everything digital when it comes to money. I personally still like to pay cash for small things even though there is a growing trend in our Asian neighbours now to swipe a phone or tap a few keys for everything from restaurant bills, train tickets to soft drinks and babysitters. I can still find an atm and more are being installed in many parts of Asia. The ATM debate is likely to go on for some time, but I do agree, they will be phased out in time. STL are aware of this and are looking for ways to grow outside the normal sphere of just pulling money from a machine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.