XJO 0.88% 7,959.3 s&p/asx 200

timno I like to make two points. One, you get 5 economists to...

1. 3,191 Posts.
    timno I like to make two points. One, you get 5 economists to give opinions and you will get about 10 to 15. They nearly always get it wrong. Two, US reporting is reporting the past not the future. The markets have IMHO already factored in the "good reporting" much of which in the US is fudged anyway. US is in deep trouble with high unemployment and record government debts (which I see will soon struggle to even pay the interest let alone the principal back) once long term interest rates rise. We on the other hand might have a more gyrating market since we will be more and more tied to the coat trails of Chindia. I would not be surprised to see the US collapsing into a depression over the next few years while we go sideways with much volatility as Chindia enters some mild slow down before booming big time. So, short term we probably will suffer a lot with the US but longer term start to break away from the US and move with Chindia's massive growth potential in the longer term. The transition phase I see will be filled with gyrations as people adjust their thinking around when we really follow. All side guesses of course.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.