I started working on one small section of mine , seriously over...

1. 17,117 Posts.
    I started working on one small section of mine , seriously over 15 years ago...then gave it a rest as it was too time consuming
    my sister took over for a while last year, she spent about 3 months....but the thing is ancestory.com keeps releasing new information every week, and what was not there before will be there today...
    the other thing I have noticed, is hundreds of other researchers are coming to our site, taking information from our research, and some of them have some missing links ...
    so it is becoming much easier

I spent some time today looking up my old notes and references, a substantial reference I had download about the first families in 2000, has been removed, and there is barely a trace....the victorian national archives took some of the information, but it is a mish mash now...frustrating
    at least I have the hard copy, so I can manually add all the information....

I think it is funny, ancestory site regularly gives free access to convict records....but none of my ancestors were convicts
    that site was also offering to put the information into book form, and my sister wanted to do that @ $65 a pop...
    I said no, I want to add the stories to the faces. I have since found a publisher on the net, and we can probably get a book done for a lot less...I think it is 'blurb'

I agree it is very time consuming, but you can save it to a media stick, and pass the history around for the benefit of future generations

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.