family trusts?

1. 18,554 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 413
    Howdy,

I have a family trust and am looking at using it as a trading vehicle.
    Previously I have traded via a company but as I have a wife who doesn't work and is not in the company it has limited tax advantages.
    I also have 2 toddlers.
    I have a couple of questions for those who are tax savvy, I will speak to my accountant of course.

Firstly if the trust starts off with 200k for example and it makes 100k for the first year and I then pay that 100k out to beneficaries can I then put some of the profits back into the trust.
    ie beneficiaires pay the tax and then the profit after tax is lets say 50k, can I put that 50k back into the trust to give me 250k to work with?

Secondly I have a substantial amount already in my company, how can I get that money out ?

Lets say I make 100k a year from income/job and the company has 1 mill in it.
    Whats the best way for me to slowly/quickly get that money out in the most tax effective way ?

I want to end up using the trust as the main vehicle for my trades and end up with the company being a beneficiary of the trust down the track.

Any ideas?

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.