URANIUM 1.02% $24.70 uranium futures

How did the anti uranium stance of the greens effect them in the...

1. 3,267 Posts.
    How did the anti uranium stance of the greens effect them in the WA state election?
    The comments I posted in the start of this thread on the 9/9/08 have proven to be more correct in hindsight than I could have thought.....The Greens state MP in the legislative council Mr Paul Llewellyn who was sprucing about the greens wanting Carpenter to legislate to ban uranium mining in WA has lost his seat in the legislative council ( South West).

South West Region

List of Members in Order of Election
    Name Party
    McSWEENEY,Robyn Liberal
    TALBOT, Sally Australian Labor Party
    HALLETT, Nigel Liberal
    FARINA, Adele Australian Labor Party
    HOLT, Colin The Nationals
    HOUSE, Barry Liberal

I said in the first post on the 9th of this month ( which was before the counting of the legislative council votes started that....."The lack of electoral success of the Greens saw no candidate elected to the legislative assembly despite an increase in vote from 7.6% to 11.7%. Greens state MP in the legislative council Mr Paul Llewellyn should be called to account for his naive commentary that lead to the Carpenter demise (one of numerous reasons).
    Had the greens in WA been serious about reducing carbon emissions, they would have tried to do a preference deal with the LIBS who had the better carbon policies, they could have maybe got a couple of their candidates elected into the assembly and been inside the tent rather than dancing around on the grass outside."
    Since then, Mr Llewellyn has lost his seat !
    Will the greens have learnt anything by the result?
    Let's hope so. It's one thing to have an anti nearly everything policy basis but another to go to an election with an anti uranium policy which may have been populist a few years ago but the intense debate associated with Al Gore's "An inconvenient Truth " has lead to a much more aware and informed debate based on scale and reality rather than emotional populism.... the community is wanting significant carbon reduction and less green house gases.
    Hindsight? There is a lesson in that.
    I have a lot of sympathy with the Greens sustainability philosophy but it might be time for them to consider some "really effective" policies which are outcome focussed rather than traditionally "Green" left wing extreme views.
    The LIBS can also do with a green review. Their environment policy is very thin on the ground and needs significant improvement across the country.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add URANIUM (NYMEX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.