FAR 2.02% 48.5¢ far limited

Location for SF1 is more outboard, i.e. in deeperwaters compared...

1. Ya
    6,809 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3829
    Location for SF1 is more outboard, i.e. in deeperwaters compared to Fan-1 & the JV r aiming for 2 main targets, Upper & Lower Cretaceous.

Each with its own version of stacked sand or sheets as seen by amplitudes on their 3Dseis. Most geo's will squabble over the genesis & depo history of such sheets, however there r 2 simple versions explaining the how & why of their depo-history as is evidenced from the 'shape/pattern' of deposition.

What u see as SF#1 is a east-west dump of sediments over many millions of years, in episodes, i.e from the platform to the Slope & then outward dumping to the base of that slope. This is perhaps what lies within the Upper Cretaceous stacked target, ie stacked sands transported via turbidite currents.

The lower one could b the same, however the depo pattern runs north-south. Why?? One could argue that a sheet of sand was deposited in deepwaters. As this happened, it came in contact with a fast flowing current parallel to the slope which washed the sands in a N-S or 'leaf' pattern. Such deposits r known as Contorites. So these r the basics. With their 3D seismics, the JV should b able to see any 'amplitude' signature or features such as any 'moats/gullies/canyons' where possible older sediments were deposited & then spilled out. That's the long & short of it.

Specific to Alham, it's mapped as an older sequence with 4 'stacked' targets (by their neighbours in A1 Block). A bit of this extends into FAR's block. If Cairn & Co could spot this Geological feature better on their latest 3Dseis, then that's what they r chasing at SF-1, hence the proposed TD, as its outboard drilling.

The actual drill section at SF#1 is shallower then Fan-1, just has more water to run the pipes before they hit the sand-line first & then set their conductor & top casing. So with an efficient Rig, this should b fast drilling to TD before they run logs (dry hole drills r even faster, assuming no 'mechanical' stuff-ups). If its any good then they can come back & drill a second well, core it, test it etc.

Would b nice to get news-feed on any oil shows & whatever shows up on the Wireline logs (ie gamma, density, Res etc) from a thickness, porosity & fluid content perspective.

Hope this helps.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
-0.010(2.02%)
Mkt cap ! $44.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
49.5¢ 49.5¢ 48.5¢ $34.87K 70.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 27749 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 10897 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.