AIM 6.19% 60.0¢ ai-media technologies limited

fantastic day, page-11

1. 13,575 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 567
    I dont mean to put a damper on things but one of the probs is that US companies involved in sub-prime with Oz associates have had their liquidity knackered to some extent and with the global nature of many hedge funds/banks and the Oz market having done well over recent years have a guess where these companies will access profits/gains from to finance some of that lack of liquidity.

Yep,us.

I very much agree that our market/economy is in much better condition than the US and that we should bounce back better but then just how much of the US economic downturn(slow down in demand for goods commodities worldwide due to lower US demand)is being factored in here?Bit of a reflection in all this in the overall market performance today.

I notice the Chinese zinc smelters have had a large drop in output this month and this will no doubt flow on to concentrate demand,although,as we all know these figures are rarely seen,just the slow chewing away of the zinc/SHFE stockpiles.What worries me a little is that we will have a 300Kt increase in concentrate over the next 6 months(from new mine start-ups/definite),so is the current drop in Zn price actually reflective of a coming drop in Zn demand as well as a pick up in refined Zn which will have obvious consequences for Zn stocks.

Anyway these are just general market observations and are not desinged to sacre the begesus out of our average loyal Aim holder,after all Im one too!I still believe Aim should sign up some solid offtakes,which is probably an even higher possibility now that the Zn price is back to levels more reflective of actual zinc consumer demand.The Zn price when well above $1.50/lb has been pretty much fund driven and not what smelters would be prepared to pay in over a year and a half out,which Aims production is.

But we all know Perkoa isnt the end of it for Aim as we may have a burgeoning IOCG project worth some kind of effort in a few years,not to mention other ops that Pekoas cash flow will bring.

One just has to continue to hang tough.Aim has the funds to develop their projects,and damned lucky at that to get them considering their timing,but then one must think that these new holders being prepared to take up the recent unit issue,will have factored in such market moves and decided Aim was still a good invesment.

Well done to those who chucked their 5c worth in today and picked up some more Aim.Until this whole US mess is sorted and we know exactly where the financial system stands this volatility/panic will continue,so its nice to know we have a investment that should perform in the not too distant future.

d.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AIM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
60.0¢
Change
0.035(6.19%)
Mkt cap ! $125.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.5¢ 60.0¢ 57.0¢ $297.4K 508.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 53719 59.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
60.0¢ 247635 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AIM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.