FAR 0.00% 52.0¢ far limited

Ok...point #1.FAR management have never said that the Senegal...

1. 2,648 Posts.
    Ok...point #1.FAR management have never said that the Senegal farmout process was going to be a quick deal,quite the opposite.No company in their right mind would make an investment of millions of dollars without checking the seismic thouroughly,and remember the amount of seismic data is vast.Of course we as shareholders would like this process to happen overnight.Remember,we wont know anything about it until it is announced to the market,so until that point,it is not going to influence the SP one bit.Point#2 I dont know if I have a direct answer for this one.Either your an oil bull or your not.You can find plenty of oil analysts who say exactly the opposite.IMO not spending money on greenfields exploration is a recipe for slow death for an oil company.Share buybacks keep the shareholders happy in the short term.Point #3 Iraqs oil field reserves are completely unknown.Saddam Husseins regime simply released their own made up figures to try and make OPEC think they were missing out on something during the oil embargo.They have oil yes,how much,thats unknown,and sovereign risk is huge once the yanks pull out.I foresee a civil war between Shi'ites,Sunnis and Kurds.The only coup in Senegal ever has been FAR scooping up Rufisque for peanuts.Again Point #4 ...Im an oil and gas bull,US will be using more and more nat gas,and as the price of oil climbs so will gas.With the price of gas at $US 8.70 or so ATM,thats a long way north of where the sums were done on FARs US prospects.As for Point #5,I think If you look at any junior resource company thread on HC(and majors for that matter)everyone is full of angst about where the SPs are at.I dont know if that is reflective of individual stocks,more likely general market conditions.There is obviously a lack of risk appetite for spec oilers...I am not going to try and defend FARs share price,we all wish it was better and you've probably held your shares longer than me,but I think FAR are on the brink of something special.Anyway just my opinion,I'm sure sure others will find holes in it.Hopefully it will inspire some discussion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
52.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $48.05M
Open High Low Value Volume
52.0¢ 52.0¢ 52.0¢ $15.22K 29.28K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 29720 52.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
53.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.