FAR 2.13% 46.0¢ far limited

I found the below post on another forum with the assistance of...

1. 143 Posts.
    I found the below post on another forum with the assistance of Google Translate...

We know both FAR and CNOOC are hungry for more leases in the MSGB basin... but its interesting to find out that Petrosen had meetings with FAR, CNOOC & APCL in March to organize a review of available data on open acreage and to appraise the possibility of entering the Rufisque Deep block, still operated by African Petroleum Corporation.

It looks like FAR/CNOOC partnership might have Senegal govt's blessings... so who knows we probably don't have to go to ICC to resolve PE issue...

>>>>>>>
    {There has been speculation that FAR together with CNOOC has been interested in a partnership with APCL regarding ROP (one of the licenses in Senegal).

Upstream confirms this in an article from 04.05.2017, and writes the following "To this end, meetings in Dakar took place in early March between Senegalese state oil company Petrosen, FAR and CNOOC Ltd to Organize a review of available data on open acreage and two appraise the Possibility of entering the Rufisque Deep block, still operated by African Petroleum Corporation. "(http://www.upstreamonline.com/hardcopy/1235822/far-and-cnooc-ltd-eye-sen)

ROP is one of two licenses in Senegal, and the only APCL per now need delay (in Senegal). The license was published already in 2015, but APCL have consistently communicated that they have a good relationship with the government of Senegal. ROP has recently been removed from the PLS their lists of licenses that are for sale around the world. It may not have been removed due to termination of the license, as it had been notifiable.
    ROP is directly north of FAN-1, and below FAN-1 is SNE, that there has been reason to believe that this is a very attractive license. We now have a confirmation on just that and that it is companies with the economy in place who are interested in the license

Any extension and farm out the ROP will of course derisk company considerably and it will cause the bore of May will be fully funded. Mira Baud believes Ayame West (license APCL to drill on in May) alone is worth 9.91kr per share by fully funded well.
    At the same time it will of mean that we once ila not too long also should drill for oil here!

Personally, I had set very appreciated if it was FAR and CNOOC farmed in to ROP.
    FAR has a special expertise in the area like no other, and is the company behind both FAN and SNE findings.
    "Two world class, offshore oil discoveries; FAN-1 and SNE-1, were made by FAR in Senegal in late 2014 whichhave transformed FAR and underscored the global significance The of its West African margin exploration leases."
    Both of these findings is thus the neighboring license for ROP, and that the FAR will enter the ROP suggests mildly well!
    -CNOOC, or China National Offshore Oil Corporation is as its name implies not just anybody! With a staggering market capitalization of over 50 billion they have deep enough pockets to farm into the licenses they wish! So let's hope they really fancy ROP, and that they dig really deep!

Also feel to share a bit of an article from Upstream three days ago. I think it underscores the tremendous interest in the ROP and the area in general. Many will recognize the names of the companies, but for those who do not do it I would recommend you to search them up, there's quite a few names who drools after APCL their licenses!

"Fortified in a strategic alliance with CNOOC-Nexen, FAR is now entrenched along the shelf and ice Applying for the prized Rufisque Deep, Also keenly sought by Cairn, Total and Anadarko Petroleum, affording license holder African Petroleum more time in its long struggle two secure an extension - and a deep-pocketed farm-in player}.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
46.0¢
Change
-0.010(2.13%)
Mkt cap ! $42.50M
Open High Low Value Volume
47.0¢ 47.0¢ 46.0¢ $70.53K 152.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 161924 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
46.5¢ 1519 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.