hotcopper does seem to be a bit of a haven for a few maladjusted...

1. 17,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    hotcopper does seem to be a bit of a haven for a few maladjusted men to tell their outdated misogynist jokes, “yell” about women provoking men, complain when women actually do their job (in sales case to ask questions that are demanding and reasonable) I wonder what would happen if women adopted the narrow range of behaviours that favourites such as Alan Jones are renowned for. Well I think I know the answer to that - it’s ok for men to act like ignorant, abusive prats but not women, except when it’s a man on the other side of politics they don’t like. Very strange and unappealing. Sales got no where near Jones - she didn’t descend to the ranting, hectoring style. She just didn’t let him off the hook. That used to be valued in journalists and interviewers

however I am also regularly and pleasantly surprised that there are as many men who write on hotcopper that show all is not lost. I can see people who are consistently balanced in their responses, reasonably restrained (and that’s hard sometimes), who are respectful. There is something amusing that these characteristics and your dislike of abuse gets you “accused” of showing your feminine side. presumably the knockers think Sales was showing her masculine side. There is something humorous in that.

to all those men who consistently stand their ground against bullying, abuse, cruelty and ignorance and who are prepared to argue against the misogynistic mass - here’s a thank you from a female. Most of us don’t dislike men either - but some of the behaviour sure is hard to stomach.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.