then you make gross assumptions and generalisations when you use...

1. 17,277 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    then you make gross assumptions and generalisations when you use the term "Women" don't pay taxes. firstly - i can assure you that over my life time I have paid considerably more tax than that per annum even if you don't adjust backwards for changes in that dollar value. At the same time as i did that i was mother, wife, cleaner, childminder. i did unpaid work in the community. i am not alone. thousands of women do exactly what i did.

so that is your first assumption

your second is to show a lack of understanding of the systemic barriers to this "tax problem" you describe.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2326/2326790-0d7a0f734bd80d9a6ee2994a76c13407.jpg
    gender pay gaps exist for a number of reasons and most of them are systemic not ability based, not desire based. i can give you facts and figures and data and research. i have unpicked every major job evaluation system on the market and i know the flawed basis on which they operate despite their claims otherwise. you cannot use a multiple regression formula to design a system when your goal was to replicate the way jobs were valued in the 1950s when these systems were first developed and then claim that they support a non gendered assessment of the worth of female dominated jobs. no amount of tinkering around the edges, dependent variables and other artifices address the inherent bias and presumptions of these systems.

gender pay gaps also exist because men do not tend to be the ones taking leave to have children and to rear them.

"A person’s work-related skills and knowledge (what economists call ‘human capital’) declines when s/he is not participating in paid work. Further, research on how people move into and out of participation in paid work (or ‘labour market dynamics’) has found that if a person is not participating in one year, s/he is also less likely to participate in the following year. Thus, leaving the labour force in one year, such as after childbirth, can have long-term implications for labour force participation. A temporary absence from the labour market could also result in lower wages upon return or in difficulties obtaining secure employment at the pre-leave level when wishing to return."
    http://press-files.anu.edu.au/downloads/press/n3959/html/ch05.xhtml?referer=&page=15#

your comment
    "I'm'm not saying women are leaches. Nor that they don't work hard to provide intangible values. Without women society would rapidly turn into hell. It would take 4 hours" is a matter that is addressed over and over again. You seem to equate not paying tax to a lesser value and lesser rights and somehow a lower position and worth in society. It seems that there is a persistent struggle to recognise the actual economic value of this work or agree on a methodology for doing so. how surprising.

https://www.wgea.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/australian-unpaid-care-work-and-the-labour-market.pdf

gender pay gaps also exist not because women lack skill but because they are judged differently in the workplace.

to your last assumption
    "Complain that more men are in high roles than women. This displays they only want power. " so if a man wants to use his talent and skills and get to senior levels are they craving power? That is the logical conclusion of what you are saying. are you thus saying that it is ok for men to crave power but for women it is unseemly? are you saying it is ok for men to want to use their god given talents but for women it is inappropriate? or are you saying that men cant bear the idea of women being more powerful than them?

such a shame lilith was sent to hell!

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.