FAR 0.00% 50.5¢ far limited

Far spreadsheet 500mb table interim DEC 2015 update, page-22

1. 896 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    PJ/Aqua---all in good fun trying to pin some values....PRE confirmation of results and PROVEN
    oil as well as the POO and rotten sentiment at the moment.

A few observations ;

1. I tried out the exercise of "valuing" FAR's assets based entirely on the Cobalt example which
    was exercised in August of this year with Brent @$45. That is the closest "real" example that
    we have to go by, in this environment. See "Fair Value" thread.

2. Of course my valuations, based on the Cobalt model were in 2 stages of this CURRENT 3
    well program. A static point in time, with the POO currently at $7 less per barrel than the
    Cobalt example.

3. I "did the sums" based entirely on the price Cobalt actually received, notwithstanding
    the economics of their project v ours which I cannot compare.

4. Eerily enough, my price of success case on all 3 wells, based on the above came out at
    16.25cps. I did this independently of PJ's valuations,.I had not remembered any of his
    projections as I had not put them to memory or gone over them for a considerable
    period of time. His valuation of 16.3c coincides with my valuation based on Cobalts
    price received. Or, in other words, his valuation reflects the reality of what Cobalt
    actually received in this present market, FACT, not supposition.

5. Of course, comparitive economics of projects, reasons for selling and who will pay what
    for any chosen project may and will differ.

Aqua, old mate ;

A. FAR management is stating that they believe they could achieve a valuation as though Oil was at $80 in a takeover, per the commentary from OOO. Which we both know makes a quantum shift to the pricing. From your own tables the difference between $40 oil and $80 valuations seems to be a 3.5X factor, although you are saying in a takeover at $40 only a 1.4X multiple?, a difference of >200%.

There is a fair bit that worries me about this statement. In general, what we wish and hope for
    may not come true. It is their opinion obviously, it may prove to be right. On closer scrutiny
    however, it means about as much to me as P10-P90 estimates PRE discovery. It is a throw away
    line in the context of where we sit at THIS stage of proceedings and the backdrop of $38 Brent.
    IF we achieve ultimate success with the entire current 3 well program {2P 165mmboo, 2C 505
    mmboo SNE & 2C 168mmboo Bellatrix} then 16.5c is the price based on Cobalt's price
    received, once again, notwithstanding project economics and who wants to buy and why we
    would want to sell etc. My view is that in order to be talking valuations based on $80 oil in a
    T/O scenario, we would need to be much more advanced into the 2nd stage of the 6 well
    program with good results, & oil around the $50 mark minimum. Certainly not at this stage
    and with Brent @$38. Couldn't see it in a pink fit, happy to be proved entirely wrong though,
    should it come it to that.

Valuation of Remaining Prospects ;

You value the remaining prospects on the shelf should SNE/Bell prove successful @7cps
    v My price received of 1.3cps. You rightfully have more upside than Cobalts price
    for their remaining prospects {25c per barrel based on their remaining prospects}. I
    assigned a value of 50c pboo on the remaining shelf prospects. However, I have no idea
    where Cobalt's remaining prospects were located and if they would be de-risked to the same
    extent as our prospects re close tie-ins etc to SNE. Project economics and relative de-risking
    of said prospects will have a major bearing on the value attributed to them in any sale price
    negotiated. In that respect, Yes, apples & oranges probably Cobalt v FAR, with FAR commanding
    a much higher price for their prospects should that be the case.

Production in 3-4 years v 7 years ;

Don't fully understand the metrics used here, but yes, would obviously have a material
    bearing on any reserves the closer they are to production.

Points D,E,F & J ;

Remain even more speculative than attempting to put fair value on any KNOWN
    reserves and resources once they are confirmed, so will leave that well enough alone.
    Of course, speculation & opinions at the time are neither right or wrong, until the passage
    of time answers one way or the other.

Some good talking points at this stage of the cycle. We will all separately place what we
    think is fair value for FAR post SNE2,3 and Bellatrix and the results that are made available
    at the time. It is a good exercise, in so much as individually, at least, we can all arrive at what
    each of us perceives as "fair value" at any stage in the cycle and make our decisions accordingly.
    That cannot be a bad thing......and it will be a great problem to ponder.

GLTAH

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
50.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $46.66M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.5¢ 50.5¢ 50.5¢ $14.48K 28.69K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5356 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 59999 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.44pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.