FAR 3.30% 47.0¢ far limited

For some reason Australian resource exploration companies are...

1. 287 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 36
    For some reason Australian resource exploration companies are undervalued  by the market in both capital value and their operational ability to find both gas and oil reserves.

In my experience, I've found that unless your producing hydrocarbons with a growing revenue stream, many in the investment and advisory sector are very cautions of your presentations and rhetoric despite, prior discoveries, sound sub surface data, encouraging seismic results and your major international joint venture partners.

To a degree, they are very mindful of a regulatory and legislative mechanisms in developing nations and the old, "sovereign risk" chestnut. I was told yesterday in Sydney by an influential E&P executive, "there is more sovereign risk in Australia than in some developing countries" and she should know given their investment in Australia.

One can't deny FAR Management and the Board have not done an outstanding job to position the company on the cusp of becoming one of the world's great E&P companies, so why isn't the share price reflecting the current value or potential value (my words)?

Could FAR have done better in selling the story to the market, possibly however one isn't aware of the serious discussions behind closed doors and across the board room tables in Melbourne and Sydney. As one who has walked this road, it's a lonely journey until you strike that sweet spot and the market suddenly realize everything you have been saying for years is not only true but they can see it themselves.

I have a lot of time for Mr Reg Nelson (ex MD Beach Energy) and he is a very well connected executive across the globe and I'm sure Reg is elbow deep in assisting management grow the international profile of FAR and prepare the market for the expected SAMO-1 results on top of the outstanding 11 out of 11 successful wells in Senegal.

What FAR do from now until the spud is the critical question in my mind and I'd be advising Cath Norman Managing Director and the Chairman Nicholas Lamb to visit New York, London, Dubai, Honk Kong, Singapore meeting every advisory firm, institution, broker and sovereign wealth fund that would talk with them in anticipation of the SAMO-1 results.

FAR needs to be top of mind in every international market because when the results of SAMO-1 are released it's too late to tell the impressive FAR story to fully leverage the opportunity.

Spending $50k -$60k on an International Roadshow (non capital raising) may be the catalyst along with success that changes market sentiment and unlocks the real value in FAR. That value post a successful SAMO-1 is upward of A$0.30c.

I call it opportunity cost!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
47.0¢
Change
0.015(3.30%)
Mkt cap ! $43.43M
Open High Low Value Volume
45.5¢ 47.0¢ 45.5¢ $82.32K 180.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3500 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
47.0¢ 125569 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.47pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.